Monday, April 27, 2009

The Joy in My Journey



We are expecting Baby #3 November 17th 2009. I've been a bit of a recluse these past few weeks. This news has turned my world upside down and brought me to my knees literally worshipping the porcelain throne. The nausea and vomiting have been unrelenting. I was very sick with Natalie & Julia... or so I thought. It is much much worse this time. My Doctor took me off work for a few weeks and at this point I don't see how I can go back. I've had three trips to the ER for IV fluid hydration. When you go 24-48 hours without holding any food or liquid down, it is the only thing that helps. I've lost 15 pounds! That last 15 pounds that just wouldn't come off for the last few years is now gone.


The joy in my journey thus far..... we tried for two years for this one. We are so grateful that we get the opportunity to have another child in our family. We are very excited. Also good news that it is just one kid and it looks healthy so far. (Which is more than I can say for myself.) We have wonderful family support and a great branch of the church bringing in meals and cleaning my house these last couple weeks. My husband does everything. He's not working right now. (Yes God has very amusing timing.) So he spends his day getting the kids off to school and to their various activities and looking for work and of course, taking care of me. This last week has been better. I can hold at least one and sometimes two meals a day down. I am living on Gatorade. I can keep 1-2 quarts a day down these last few days. I am 11 weeks along and that means 25% of the way there!!! I am starting to see some glimmers of light at the end of my tunnel.

5 comments:

RVtravelerRN said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I had severe hyperemesis with my first baby, I definitely sympathize with you. Hopefully you will be over it soon:) The Lord works in mysterious ways.....what would you do if your hubbie wasn't able to stay home with you right now? Best of luck to you and your beautiful family.

Reflections of Heart said...

Congratulations! Very happy for you. Here's to hoping the sickness side eases up a little for you and sending good "job" vibes for hubby. You'll be in my prayers.
Love,
Cuz Jen

Paulina said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! What happy news, sorry you're not feeling so great, but in the end, it's worth it. How are the girls taking the news? They must be so excited! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

heatlight said...

I'm so glad you're doing better, even if you are still sick. Hopefully the worst is over!

SRGilbert said...

I see the family resemblance already!