Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sledding to the ER


Today we went sledding up near Baker's Ranch, just East of where we live. It was lots of fun until... Natalie went a little off track and sledded into some shrubbery. She has a few scratches on her face. I thought that 2 of them looked a little deep. That, and the fact that I couldn't get one of the pieces of wood out of her cheek made me go ahead and take her into the ER. The ER doc didn't want to mess up her face anymore than it already was, so he called in the plastic surgeon. 5 hours later the plastic Doc shows up. He dug around in her cheek for that elusive piece of wood and finally got it out. Natalie ended up with three stitches. We are hoping for no scars. :) We are supposed to keep all those scratches and cuts moist with Neosporin and followup in 6 days to remove the stitches. I am sooo grateful we have insurance, and so grateful the ER doc called in the plastic doc. Afterwards, I took Natalie out to Starbucks for their yummy Signature Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. She loved it. We then picked up some special Barbie Band-Aids to cover up the stitches. Natalie is very embarrassed about her wounds and doesn't want to explain to ANYONE that she KNOWS about how she had to get stitches. She OK'd me blogging about it because she doesn't have to see any of you all. :) She's such a funny girl.

2 comments:

heatlight said...

Tell Natalie not to feel bad, I have an embarrassing story about getting stitches on my face too! Of course I was 19 at the time!

Steve and Kim said...

Wow, you must have been brave, Natalie! Stitches are just a sign of character and remind you of all the adventures you've had!