Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

New Year's Eve 1997This is my great friend and former roommate Erica (Yankee Cowgirl). She's from New York and lives in Texas still. We had to work New Year's Eve of '97 for the annual murder mystery dinner theater at the Abbey Texas Cafe. It was great fun drinking our Martinelli's @ Midnight and having to clean up after the dinner party.

I usually have to work New Year's Eve. I can't remember the last New Year's I had off... Last year I worked in Trauma ICU for New Year's & it was a surprisingly quiet night. I remember my patient was this woman in her 50's dressed very nicely- cute nails, hair, and clothes. She had a BA (Blood Alcohol) of 390. That's what we call a "Professional" folks! She was picking her tiny dog up from the groomer's and had tripped in the parking lot (I wonder how she could even walk?) Anyway she had a head bleed b/c she had hit her head on the bumper of someone's pickup truck. Anyway. She was stable, just needed neuro checks all night. Oh and she also looked about 5 months pregnant because her liver was soooo huge from all her years of alcohol use.
Anyway. This New Year's Eve I was "on call" for Trauma ICU. They haven't called yet, so I guess that means I may be off the hook. I cooked a Roast with carrots and potatoes. It didn't turn out well. I think the meat I got was too tough and fatty. I know nothing about picking out meat. Hmmm.... I'll have to do better research next time. I did make pumpkin dump cake for the 2nd time this season and it turned out rather well! I serve it warm with ice-cream and whipped cream on top. Ben & I had the missionaries over for the dessert part of dinner. Then they played the World Edition of Monopoly with us. (I think I won, b/c I had the most property, but then again Elder Manuma had the most cash). We quit at around 11pm and sent the missionaries home with pumpkin dump cake (whether they liked it or not) and Martinelli's Apple-Mango.
I love Monopoly! I was so grateful to have people to play with. Thanks missionaries! Natalie & Julia watched their Barbie Diamond Castle Princess movie and got to stay up late too. Happy New Year! :)

2 comments:

Hoodiesmom said...

OMG!!!! We were so "glamorous"

I miss you!!!!!

Lighthouse said...

Totally! I gotta find the "Mad Cow" Pic of Oscar.... :)