Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Random Thoughts

I am so not into taking pictures or blogging lately. Sorry. I started back to work. It has been nice to only work 8 hr shifts. I feel like I am missing half of my brain. I seem to have forgotten all passcodes and door lock combinations and I don't know where anything is. There are some new policies and I am slow at charting and I could go on and on. My patient last night was psychotic. Luckily, she delivered within 45 min and I got her upstairs to Post-Partum as fast as I could. Did you know it is against our hospital's policy for a patient to keep her own placenta? My psychotic patient threw a fit because she wanted to take her placenta home and bury it so she could plant a tree over it. This is granola-ville California!! She can't do that? I personally think it is gross, but whatever.

The tooth fairy is visiting Julia for the first time tonight. She went to the dentist today and begged her to pull her wiggly little tooth on the bottom. Julia had been working on it for weeks to no avail. The dentist kindly abliged and helped Julia out by numbing it with orajel and pulling it. She was so excited. Natalie also had her appointment and was very brave while the dentist removed her spacer. Tonight, I checked on the girls as they were sleeping.... And I found a note next to Julia's pillow. It said, "Dear Tooth Fairy, Could you please give my sister Natalie money for her spacer? Sincerely, Julia" (Only it was written in very mature handwriting for little JULIA to have written... ) I wonder what the tooth fairy will say to that... :)

Julia has changed career choices for when she grows up and states she wants to be a car cleaner. She recently helped me detail my car with armor-all and a Q-Tip. Yes, I know I am crazy... but it felt so good to get that Q-Tip all in the little cracks and have all that dirt come out. It was that or buy a new car. My 99 Rav4 is still running strong with close to 189K miles and I am broke so having a SPOTLESS car makes me feel almost like it is a new car.

2 comments:

A said...

Welcome back to "The Grid" Now bust out that camera and take some photies. Life is hectic, I tend to lapse for periods of time and then come back at it with a vengeance. Like the Food Blog for example... When was the last time I posted a recipe? Its not like I haven't been cooking food. I just haven't been taking any lame pictures of it or posting recipes. If not for Jules the thing would be totally dormant. So... Welcome back to the world of blogging and psycho granola people who want to do gross stuff with their placentas. yuck! And Now I must come up with a new recipe for the food blog... Hmmm... I think Chocolate chip cookies sound good. and Mine ARE the BEST...

Julie Barfuss said...

Hi! Oh my goodness! I MISS you and your family! Just hearing about Julia and her tooth made me smile. I hope you are feeling okay these days? Hopefully better, and hence the going back to work! Tell the girls I said HI!!! :)