Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Failed my Glucose Tolerance Test

Are you freaking kidding me??? I thought it was a fasting 1 hr glucose tolerance test, (which when I showed up, it turned out I didn't have to be fasting). The last thing I ate was a bowl of ice-cream around 10pm. I woke up, did a few chores. Did not eat or drink anything. I showed up for the test around 1pm in the afternoon (starving to death), drank the nasty orange crap, & waited an hour. They drew my blood & that was it. I went straight to Taco Bell and ate a huge meal! I just got a call that I failed the test and now I have to do the 3 hour test. This sucks. If I have gestational diabetes, I will die! I have no self control when it comes to food. I eat whatever & whenever I want. I won't say I eat a lot, but I don't have self control when it comes to dieting or exercising. I just don't care. I love my food!

2 comments:

B said...

oh, i'm so sorry! that diabetic diet during pregnancy is no fun. I hear if you eat lots of protein before the test it might bring your #s down:) Good luck with the 3 hour!

heatlight said...

Oh sucky! I bet it was just because you didn't eat anything. I hope the next one turns out ok. I can't imagine being on a diet while being pregnant! I'm so excited for you to have that little boy!