Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Levi Benjamin Light

So happy to not be pregnant anymore. Well, I gave in. We named our sweet little boy, Levi Benjamin Light. I am happy with the name and it only took 10 years for me to agree to name my son Levi. He is a sweet, cuddly, calm little boy. I wasn't sure it would be worth it after the torturous nine months of unrelenting nausea. But it Totally was worth it. I am so in LOVE with his sweet spirit.

He was born Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 at 2:49pm. He weighed 7lbs-11ozs... totally HUGE right? and 19 inches long.

We got to the hospital around 7:30am, started the pitocin around 8:30am. Dr M ruptured my membranes around 8:30 as well. Got my epidural around 11am. I pushed for about 25 minutes and asked Dr M to please just pull him out. I was soooo done pushing after 25 WHOLE minutes. My epidural was magnificent thanks to Dr K. It was the best, most DENSE epidural in the whole world. I couldn't feel a thing, and I couldn't push worth $#@%. Oh well.... Just a little Kiwi vacuum and we had a baby.

My sweet husband kept me entertained the whole time we were in the hospital. He's so fun to be with and I had his undivided attention. That night we celebrated with the best steak I have ever had from Outback Steakhouse. It was the best feeling to not feel like puking! We also had my favorite... Vanilla Blue Bell Ice-Cream on a warm brownie... I didn't throw that up either. It was incredible.

Now we are home enjoying our sweet little Levi. It only took us until Saturday 11/14 to name him. I know we had nine months to think of a name, but I had to try and come up with something better than Levi, but I just couldn't. I think I love my husband so much that I just couldn't name him anything BUT Levi. That is probably why nothing sounded right to me... until I finally accepted it.

2 comments:

A said...

Congrats! SO happy for you guys! I suppose its OK that you did not name him Alan. and wow a post at 2:30AM. Looks like the sleepless nights have begun. :)

Reflections of Heart said...

Congratulations to ALL of you! Levi is beutiful! What great pictures and a fun story of the bid day too! Don't feel too bad. I had "baby boy Peterson" for 4 whole days before we decided for sure that he was "Andrew Michael". Everything else just didn't quite fit him. It would be nice if they came with their names stamped on somewhere, but I guess it is our test to see if we can remember who they really are! :) Isn't it wonderful when we finally do "remember"? Welcome Levi!