Thursday, November 12, 2009

Name Venting Post

Another post from Dad... 2 days after Baby Light's birth and still "IT" has no name! Looks as if Carolyn and Baby IT will be discharged this morning and we will have nothing to tell inquiring minds what "IT's" name is. Maybe "IT" can be named "I.T. Light"! (Hey, what's up I.T.?) or we could spell it "Eye Tee Light"..... Whatever!

So most everyone knows that I have had a name picked out for most our marriage, if we were ever blessed with a boy. Levi Benjamin Light. Well, come to find out that 12 years back Carolyn was attending a church dance and some hot guy named Levi asked her to dance. He was one of these summer college working pest control guys from Utah working in Texas. Well his mother forgot to teach him about hygiene etiquette (shower, soap, deodorant, toothpaste,) normal need to know stuff to keep woman around after your looks have gotten you to the dancing part. All Levi had to do was come within a 3 ft proximity, lift his arm and open his mouth. Now my chances forever having a son named Levi is completely gone down the Drain! Literally!

So, "Forever Single Levi" wherever you are....THANKS! And now we have been blessed with a Baby "IT".

4 comments:

A said...

Hey Alan is not a bad name and after all he does share my birthday... Although IT does have a ring to it.

heatlight said...

Boy names are hard. I can think of many names I vetoed because they reminded me of stinky boys I had in class. I think you should open it up as a contest with a cash prize. I could come up with a good name if given some incentive ;)

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I wonder if that's the same Levi I know? ;) too funny! Glad baby IT finally got a name! Congratulations!

DNAgallows said...

That is hilarious! I know several good Levi boys. All cute and all smell lovely! I am sure this Levi will have the best hygiene. He is a cutie. Congratulations on your beautiful family!